I got some The Burger Bar vouchers from Marina Square, and happily brought my friend to try it out (at their Marina Square branch of course), and as a summary, this customise burger chain certainly did not disappoint.
This is how the order is carried out:
- First, from their iPad order station, select a burger (hamburger, cheeseburger etc)
- Next, select your choice of bread (honey oak, sesame etc)
- Then, the meat patty (grilled chicken, pork, beef etc)
- Subsequently, the range of free and chargable add-on such as lettuce, tomato, various sauces etc
- Done. Note the order number from the iPad, and inform the counter staff of it. You will then be given an electronic coaster pager which will alert you to collect your order when it’s ready.
The whole procedure are quite self-centered, and no worry, they ain’t charging any service charge.
Their Honey Oak bun is lovely, in my opinion better than those I would normally find at Subway. Right here, I selected grilled chicken patty, with all the free add-on available, which include shredded lettuce, tomato slice, pickles, and mayonnaise. The chicken was grilled to a good degree, giving a great proportion of tenderness and aroma.
Their cheeseburger cost $1 more. Over here, I had the honey oat bun too, with Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato slice, pickles, truffle mayonnaise (additional $1), along with a pork patty. However, I have to confess, even with the truffle mayonnaise and extra cheese added, I still find myself preferring their grilled chicken burger upon comparison.
Having tried their burgers, I was keen to try out their fries too. Their Parmesan Truffle Fries came in larger size as well as portion in comparison to those from the big three fast food chain here. It was relatively crisp, with a tint of cheesy flavour and a little salty. Note, I didn’t say the fries itself taste better than McDonald’s, I still prefer the later.
Their Cheese Fries have molten cheese generously coated on top, that ratio makes the fries more tantalising than their cheaper counterparts at other conventional fast food chain, not to mention proportion too!
Before signing this off, I have to warn, don’t over estimate your appetite. Their fries are good enough for two persons if you also order a burger each at the same time. We ended up having to wrap up some fries and smuggled them into the cinema. So, unless you are potential big eater, be warned! 😛